Why work here?
We are an excellent fit for those who relish being at the center of attention! Here, you will not be an invisible part of some "internal IT department", but the very team that earns the revenue of NANKAN.
Work is fast and exciting because you will serve outside customers and deal with multiple technology stacks. The room for growth is plenty. There is little hierarchy, zero politics and a "get things done" mind-set. Work is high grade - many different technologies, many modern products that have to be learnt. Everybody gets a chance to work on several different customer environments, and most team members directly interact with global customers in a peer relationship.
A typical day
For technical roles you'll be spending the majority of the work day connected over VPN to our data centers implementing and managing the environments you are responsible for. You will be expected to build systems from scratch, pick up new technologies, troubleshoot problems and work with vendors on issues. Every day you will make decisions that are best for our customers who trust us to run their entire IT infrastructure.
For delivery management roles you'll help interpret requirements from customers and create work breakdown structures. You will communicate continuously with the customers, partners and vendors externally; and coordinate the activities of engineers, operators and subject experts internally. Over time customers will come to consider you as the primary interface into NANKAN and you must be able to work with customers directly with a service mind-set.
We are constantly looking for talented people. We have below jobs open right now. If one of them is not an exact match, we still invite you to apply since we constantly open new positions.
JOBTITLE: Network Administrator
Start Date: As soon as possible
Language Requirements: English
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Duties and responsibilities for the next Network Administrator will include:
· Responsibility for overall performance and availability of assigned network infrastructure
· Responsibility for the overall physical network cabling including standards and general health of the cabling environment
· Designing, implementing and supporting of enterprise LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructures
· Monitoring network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and performing vulnerability testing
· Providing technical consultation to the business and IT management regarding LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructures
· Maintaining strong understanding of the business services directly or indirectly supported by assigned systems, ensuring alignment in priorities through customer dialogue
· Demonstrating technical leadership by leading technical teams and mentoring staff
· Creating strong documentation, processes and automation to multiply operating effectiveness
· Configuring firewalls, load balancers, proxies and other network equipment and provision of network services
· Installing, configuring and maintaining network hardware, for example, Cisco routers/switches, Fortinet, Palo Alto Firewalls and Aruba Wireless Controllers
· Providing 2nd and 3rd level technical support
· Managing network security tools, e.g., firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems
· Evaluating, planning, implementing, upgrading, securing, monitoring and maintaining assigned systems
· Developing testing strategies to ensure infrastructure changes are successful and performing system testing as required
· Developing change requests including implementation, communication, testing and back out plan
· Identifying opportunities and proposing solutions for continuous improvement
· Maintaining documentation and providing reports on maintenance contracts, SLAs and warranty information for network assets
· Establishing and maintaining IT processes supporting network administration and network assets
· Following IT policies and procedures and maintaining working knowledge of utilized technologies
· Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
· Building strong working relationships with guests, team members and vendors
· Complying with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
· Performing other duties as assigned or directed
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
JOB LOCATION: NANKAN INFOTECH INC. Port Coquitlam BC, CANADA